Acadian Green Caviar
Acadian Green Caviar is an exclusive shortnose sturgeon (Acipenser brevirostrum) caviar farmed landbased in New Brunswick, Canada. Shortnose sturgeon is native in Saint John River, New Brunswick, Canada, one of the rarest sturgeon species, and we developed a land based aquaculture for the last 10 years, based on a captive broodstock. Shortnose sturgeon only grows up to 4.5 feet and about 40 pounds maximum. It produced eggs starting at 6-8 years and the caviar is similar to ossetra both as color and taste. It is also one of the most variable sturgeon species on Earth, having 12 sets of chromozomes (12n) which gives this species a higher than normal resistance to diseases and a variety of 2 types of caviar - see Acadian Gold Caviar too. Sturgeon are processed, nose to tail, in the state-of-the-art Canadian Food Inspection Agency inspected processing plant in Carters Point, New Brunswick. Our Caviars are produced using the standardized malassol (low salt) technique. The caviar is delivered to your door by FedEx overnight in maximum 48 hours from placing your order in a plastic recyclable insulated box (no Styrofoam!) and caviar being packed on a innovative gel pack that extends the shelflife! You can just place the black chilled gel pack with the caviar on a serving plate and enjoy fully with your guests or family! One of the best gourmet experience is to try all 3 caviar we produce together and compare! They are all amazing, this is why we price them the same, we cannot choose between them!
- Fresh, never frozen sturgeon caviar, unique in the world!
- Certified Ocean Wise
- Buttery, nutty, sea salt and pleasant algal taste, an explosion of tsate pleasure!
- Farmed in a equitable and durable land based operation!
- Low salt (malassol technique) and low calories (40 per 16 g (0.5 oz.) serving)
- Contains very large amounts of polyunsaturated fats (Omega 3s) – 3.3 g (0.11 oz.) – 4.4 g (0.15 oz.) / 100 g (3.5 oz.)
- Rich in vitamins A, C, PP, B2, B6, B12 and in minerals such as zinc, iron and calcium
- Store in refrigerated up to 4 weeks, in the coldest area of the refrigerator (best stored at -3 °C (26.6 °F) to 3°C (37.4 °f) )
- Shipped in a Styrofoam box with frozen gel packs guaranteed delivery in perfect conditions